Take precise control of process with the best selection of process instrumentation and control solutions in the Midwest. Flow and pressure measurement, temperature, humidity, pH; whatever you need to measure we have the instruments to do it.
Durkin’s team has been specializing in process instrumentation for since 1958. Our experts can help you select, install, and integrate the right process instrumentation for your application. We a proud to distribute top brands, primarily: ABB process instrumentation, Dynasonics, KOBOLD and more.
- TSP311 without thermowell – Insertion in an existing thermowell
- TSP321 with welded tubular thermowell – Screw-in thread, flange, compression fitting
- TSP331 with drilled thermowell – Screw-in thread, flange, weld-in socket
- Sturdy and versatile – Thermowell, extension tube, connection head, transmitter – Interchangeable measuring inset
- Connection heads – AGL: Aluminum, with screw-on cover – AGLH: Aluminum, with upper screw-on cover – AGLD: Aluminum, with screw-on cover and LCD indicator type A / AS – AGS: Stainless steel, with screw-on cover – AGSH: Stainless steel, with upper screw-on cover – AGSD: Stainless steel, with screw-on cover and LCD indicator type A / AS
- Transmitter in connection head – 4 to 20 mA, HART – PROFIBUS PA 3.01 – FOUNDATION Fieldbus ITK 5.2
- Suited to explosion protection, intrinsic safety and flameproof enclosure
Product Inquiry Form
How do I determine which instruments I need and their cost?
This depends on what you are needing to control or measure, your operating environment, your specific process flow, and many other factors. Durkin’s process specialists can help you determine the specific process instruments (down to the part number) that suit your application, budget, and expected life-span the best. Call (314) 432-2040 or contact us.
What is process instrumentation?
Process Instrumentation are sensors and instruments used to measure and control process variables including levels, flow, pressure, temperature, pH, and humidity.
In-field instruments, such as flowmeters or temperature sensors, are close to the process or measurement point, or may even have process liquids flowing through them. Panel instruments not usually where the process is happening, but are rather located ina controlled room or with the line controls.
Common types of process instrumentation include: flow meters, rotometers, level sensors, temperature sensors, recorders (to record process data), actuators, valves, gas analyzers, positioners, and actuators.
What symbols are used for process instruments?
Depending on the program, plant standards, and engineering firm that did the drawings, symbols for process instrumentation can vary. You should have been supplied with a lead or legend sheet that defines the symbols for the particular set of drawings you are looking at. However, there are a common set of generally agreed upon symbols, examples of which you can reference here.
Robert Cook at AiCHe has put out an excellent blog post on interpreting and using instrumentation symbols. If that doesn’t help, contact Durkin and one of our team members can help you solve the mystery: (314) 432-2040
Do you only supply the brands listed?
We carry a wide-range of process instrumentation and solutions. You can see our full supplier list here, but we may be able to source brands or point you the right distributor for other brands. More importantly, we can help you determine the appropriate instrumentation and controls solutions needed to solve your process issues. Talk to one of our experts today: (314) 432-2040 or fill out a contact form.