Meet your most challenging process demands and control flow with our selection of ABB process valves, regulators, actuators, and positioners. From sanitary applications to wastewater flow control, we have the flow control products you need to manage your process.
Browse our selection of valves and regulators below, or learn more about our automation and integration services. Contact Durkin (314) 432-2040 for helping selecting the right valve, pricing, and ordering.
- Seven actuator sizes available in ratings from 122 to 7320 Newton meter (90 to 5400 foot-pounds).
- 12745 Newton meter (9400 foot-pounds) with Master-slave solution.
- Case mount design for convenient installation and connect to driven device by standard linkage components.
- Options available for fail-safe or fail-in-place on loss of control input and air supply.
- Use in ambient temperatures up to 85 ºC (185 ºF) depending on control input.
- Adjusts easily with use of standard positioner characteristics: linear, square and square root relationship or custom-characteristics.
- Complete range of control signal options with AV conventional positioners or EDP300 and TZIDC digital positioner with HART© communications.
- Auto / Manual function with quick and smooth transfer for manual override control.
- Options for IP66 (NEMA 4X) enclosure, pneumatic or electric position transmitter, alarm / travel switches, air failure lock option and heated enclosures available.
Product Inquiry Form
Do you carry other brands besides ABB?
We carry a wide-range of process instrumentation and solutions. You can see our full supplier list here, but we may be able to source brands or point you the right distributor. More importantly, we can help you determine the appropriate instrumentation and controls solutions needed to solve your process issues. Talk to one of our experts today: (314) 432-2040 or fill out a contact form.
Why buy from Durkin and not directly from ABB?
Durkin is ABB’s supplier for the Midwestern region (Missouri, Illinois and parts of Kansas and Arkansas). If you go to the ABB website and place an order, that order will be fulfilled by Durkin if you are in our territory. Instead of getting lost in hundreds of product pages, call Durkin (314) 432-2040 and a real person can help you find the right valve and get the best pricing today.
What are process control valves?
Process control valves (or process valves) control fluid flow by changing the size of the passage for fluid or completely closing off flow paths. Through the use of control systems and valves, process line operators can control flow rate by opening or closing valves to varying degrees, speeding up or slowing down flow. Valves are part of “process control loops” that control the speed at which liquid products are manufactured.
Common types of process control valves include: ball valves, solenoid valves, check valves, gate valves, and butterfly valves. Durkin offers a selection of process control valves from ABB. Contact Durkin (314) 432-2040 for pricing and sizing information.
What is the difference between a valve and regulator?
Regulators and valves perform much of the same function in a process system. The main difference is that valves have an outside power source, whereas regulators are process powered. Most regulators use a diaphragm and process fluid pressure to press against a tensioned spring, which achieves a forced balance and certain sized flow area.
Valves are part of a larger system called a process control loop. Process instrumentation collect information on pressure, flow, temperature, etc. and feed that to a controller. The controller uses logic programming, typical DCS (distributed control systems) to determine the optimum flow rate, and sends electrical signals to the valve to re-position it for different flow rates.
Regulators are easier to maintain and offer a faster response that valves, but often have lower pressure ratings on the control pressure side. Valves are available in larger sizes and high pressure classes and a wider array of applications.
To determine your best options, contact Durkin (314) 432-2040 for pricing and sizing information.